Diabetes is so common these days that it has been accepted as the part of urban life. It has become the third largest cause of death in the US. Diabetic personnel can’t be cured, but it can be controlled in many ways. One of the most efficient formulas is to have a restrictive diet for diabetes, restrict your body from all kinds of carbohydrate rich food.
Some more details about diabetes:
Basically, it has been classified in two types, Type 1 is common in children and young adults and was popular as Juvenile diabetes. In this particular disease the body is incapable of producing insulin, rather breaks down your intake of sugar and starch into glucose which is the ultimate source of its energy.
Insulin is the cause for blood transformation into the cells. The Type-2 or maturity onset diabetes is found amongst the grown up people, even it does not allow your body to use insulin properly. In the initial days the effect is not massive as the pancreas compensate the extra requirement, but later on, it degrades gradually and unable to maintain the body’s glucose.
Preferred diet for diabetes?
If you want to live a healthy and pain-free life along with diabetics, you should go for a healthy and nutritious diet. Below are some food habits, which can check sugar level and can keep you happy and healthy throughout the day.
- Eat plenty of low carbohydrate vegetables with the preparation of your choice, which may be raw, cooked or roasted. To be more specific, you can have mushrooms, onions, eggplant, tomatoes and sprouts, additional benefits can be referred as add-on flavour, colour and texture to your delightful meal.
- If once in the day time you are on salads, then you are going on the very right way and nobody can stop you living a joyful life. But it can be more joyous if you add kale leafs, spinach and chard to your salads. Roasted kale leafs taste yummy also with different kinds of dips.
- Along with proper diet for diabetes it is essential to be dehydrated, so try to drink as much water as you can. Water along with veggies and fruits can do wonders for a diabetic. You can also try lemon and cucumber in the morning.
- A little fat is also very important to be in the diet chart, so including olive oil, fatty fishes and avocado in your meal will help in gaining the exact amount of fat required. Next is melons or berries which have less than 15 grams of carbohydrate. And the DV percentage are; Raspberries with 32 %, elderberries 41% (highest), blackberries have 30 %, gooseberries 26% and cranberries 18 %.
- Your diet for diabetes is incomplete without high fibre foods such as wheat bran (99%), rice bran (99%) and oat bran (58%). Apart from that you can have cauliflower and broccoli, broccoli has 2.4 grams fibre per raw cup whereas, 5 grams per cup cooked. As per some studies beans are crucial among fibre foods and the amount of DV, the percentage is more than many veggies and mushrooms, navy beans 76 %, French-66 %, Pinto-62 %, black-60 % and chickpeas-50 %.
- For protein requirements, yogurt, cheese are eggs more than enough. It is available in all parts of the world along with affordability. Butter being the essential part of snacks can better be replaced by peanut butter as it is a mix of fat and protein.
Drinks which are worth mentioning in the chart of diet for diabetes is milk and tea. Milk is rich in calcium, magnesium, potassium and vitamin D, which is required by every human being to perform their daily functions.
There are some additional benefits too; the most important are that it helps in reducing the extra fat from the body. A survey had been conducted which says that people with more dairy intake are able to shed more flesh from their body than those who believe milk can only be a kid’s drink. Along with milk, tea is equally important. Especially the green tea and the black tea, as they are loaded with antioxidants.
A strict diet chart and a disciplined routine are essential for a diabetic person, but it should not be boring at all, if someone gets bored with his or her life, then he/she might lack the motivation to look forward so try to make it flexible and healthy and live each and every moment of your life.