The body of women changes a lot during pregnancy. The change includes hormonal change also. It results in many medical problems in woman’s body. Some of Gestational diabetes diet is:
- A backache – During pregnancy, your body part is getting prepared for labor. So it become soft and put a stretch in back joints and pelvis which causes a backache.
- Constipation – It occurs because of hormonal change in the body. Constipation can be avoided by eating fibres and doing regular exercise. A pregnant woman should drink plenty of water to increase their metabolism.
- Cramp – It is a sharp pain arises mostly at nights. It can be avoided performing the exercise of legs and ankles.
- Feeling Faint – Hormonal change results in a change of blood pressure so oxygen level carried by haemoglobin changes. People get faint when the amount of oxygen level and blood supply in the brain decreases. To avoid this situation, women should walk slowly and try to get up slowly after they were sitting in a chair or lying down on the bed. You should not stand still for a long time.
- Feeling hot – Due to hormonal change, blood pressure increases which cause heat generation in the body. To avoid such situation, you should wear loose clothes, keep your room cool and take a bath properly.
- High blood pressure – Hormonal changes result in an increase in blood pressure. It can be avoided by regular exercise and regular medications. Contacting a doctor in this situation is a must.
- Indigestion – To avoid this situation, regular consumption of healthy food and water is a must. This problem can arise in any stage of pregnancy.
- Morning sickness – It happens during early pregnancy. It includes vomit.
- Pelvic pain – It arises because ligaments are stretched. Body become soft as it has to undergo labor. It increases pressure on ligaments of pelvic joint.
- The increase in urination – Makes sure you avoid drinking alcohol. Try to drink non-alcoholic drinks and caffeine-free drinks during the day time. Cut the amount of water consumption during the night.
- Piles – Sometimes woman need to consume iron tablet which results in constipation and piles. In this case, you should consult a doctor immediately. They will either change the medication or give some alternative medication.
- Swollen ankles, feet and finger
- Tiredness – During pregnancy, hormone changes occur. It causes increase blood pressure and decreases oxygen level in the brain. It results in tiredness in the body.
- Bladder and bowl problem – To avoid this problem, you should maintain a healthy diet and do regular exercise.
- Gestational diabetes
Defining gestational diabetes
Gestational diabetes mostly occurs at around 24 weeks of pregnancy. If you have this diabetes type then it is very important to consult a doctor immediately. It is a situation in which blood glucose level increases in the body of a pregnant woman. It happens because insulin receptors do not function properly as human placental lactogen interferes with its function.
Insulin – a hormone secreted by pancreas
When food is consumed by a human being, it starts to break down into a simpler form. When it reaches in the stomach, it gets absorbed in the blood. It results in an increase in glucose level in blood.
A gestational diabetes diet is a good solution to this problem.
It is very important to consult a doctor, if you are fat or monitor a sharp increase in blood glucose level, before planning for pregnancy. He or she will recommend a regular exercise, walk, swim and gestational diabetes diet.
They will guide about the diet plan:
- What to eat.
- How much time to eat.
- What is the interval time for consuming food.
Gestational diabetes diet includes starchy carbohydrate like
Wholegrain and fibre should be included by dieticians in a Gestational diabetes diet. You dietician will include such food which will secrete less glucose. Dietician will also include food with less glucose like
- Pasta made from durum wheat flour.
- Sweet corn.
Some precaution to be taken while consuming gestational diabetes diet is as follows:
- Eat regularly.
- Do not skip meal.
- Eat more fibre. Cut down fat consumption. Drinks more water.