When the blood sugar levels of a person are raised greater than average but not raised high enough for a medical diagnosis of diabetes, the condition is called prediabetes. Lots of physicians and medical journals call this condition reduced fasting glucose (IFG) or reduced glucose tolerance (IGT).
A viable management of diabetes requires a healthy lifestyle, balanced diet, exercise and weight control. Diabetes is a condition in which you have an abnormal state of sugar in your blood. Although, having diabetes does not mean patients are totally restricted from eating sweet foods, it is still part of the overall diet plan.
Improved glycemic control benefits individuals with either diabetes sort 1 or sort 2. Each percent of a reduction will reduce the risk of small scale vascular diabetic complications, for example, eye blindness, kidney failure and nerve diseases.
The points you need to remember to maintain.
* Eat the same amount of food everyday * Eat about the same time each day * Taking medication at same time each day * Exercise at same time everyday * Choose foods from food gatherings of: starches, vegetables, natural product, meat, milk and yogurt * Limit the amount of fats you eat * Maintain amount of water to drink.
Here is a sample daily calorie diet for diabetes if you have 2,000 to 2,400 calories a day. This diet is suitable for a medium woman/large man who does a considerable measure of exercise or has a physically active occupation, a large man at a healthy weight and a large woman who exercises a ton or has a physically active employment.
– 11 starches – milk and yogurt – 4 vegetables – meat – natural products – Fats 5 max.
Talk to your dietitian to make a meal plan that fits the way you should eat, daily routine and your medications. Once you are use to what you can and can not eat, you then can decide to make your own particular plan, yet know you are aware of the calorie number of the foods you eat, especially crisp foods.
Types of Diabetes
Diabetes mellitus, commonly known as diabetes, is a condition which occurs when the pancreas is not able to produce insulin or the body is not able to respond positively to the insulin produced. There are different types of diabetes which a patient can suffer from. Each requires different treatment.
The three main types of diabetes that exist are:
- Type 1 Diabetes – is a condition which is usually found in children and young adults. In this type, the body is not able to produce the insulin for the body. Insulin is the hormone the body produces to break down sugar and starch into energy. It is caused because of a fault in the body’s immune response. The immune system by mistake destroys all the insulin that the body tries to produce. It is extremely important for those whose suffer from type of diabetes to strictly watch their diet and exercise regularly. Some of the most common results of diabetes are that the patient feels tired more often and has trouble performing most daily tasks.
- Type 2 Diabetes – This type of diabetes is a metabolic disorder that causes high levels of blood glucose in the body. Type 2 diabetes is a more serious condition that requires the patient to take medication to ensure that their insulin levels remain stable. There has been a rise in adults with the Type 2 Diabetes condition due to an increase in obesity, lack of regular exercise and age. If you suffer from such a condition it is extremely important for you to engage in physical exercise every day, have a healthier diet and try to lose weight.
- Gestational Diabetes – This is a different type of diabetes and only occurs in pregnant women. It does not necessarily occur in pregnant women who had diabetes before their pregnancy. Between your 24th and 28th week of your pregnancy your doctor might send you for a screening test to check for the possibility of you having gestational diabetes. The best form of treatment a pregnant woman can follow is simply maintaining a consistent exercise regime and a healthy diet. Though there are a few cases in which medication will be required to help the woman maintain her glucose levels.
One of the key points to remember if you suffer from any type of diabetes is that you have to consistently maintain a healthy lifestyle. Even though diabetes is a long term condition, one can still live a normal life if one makes the effort.
A myth calm common however misleading regarding diabetes prevention is that a diabetic should eat less and needs to take after a special diet. The reality on the other hand is that a patient of diabetes can lead a healthy life if he or she maintains a healthy diet similar to that of a healthy person.
Diabetes, however dreadful results it may lead to, can be prevented by introducing basic and healthy changes to the lifestyle